We look forward to taking care of your pet. Please use the button below to get started.
* You will receive a treatment plan which includes estimated treatment cost no later than 72 hours after the appointment that the condition was diagnosed and the procedure recommended by the Doctor.
Pre anesthetic testing:
*It is important to understand that a pre-anesthetic profile does not guarantee the absence of anesthetic complications. It may however, greatly reduce the risk of complications as well as identify medical conditions that could require medical treatment in the future. This internal organ function, complete blood cell count testing and possible X-rays are performed UP TO two weeks PRIOR to the scheduled surgical procedure.
*Please ask your technician or veterinarian if you have any additional questions regarding your pet's procedure. If your pet is on medications, this MUST be discussed prior to procedure.
Please allow 15-20 mins for patient check in. If you arrive later than hospital admit time, the procedure may be rescheduled.
Preparation: Your pet will be examined by the Doctor prior to the surgical procedure. Presurgical medications will be administered and an intravenous catheter placed. Intravenous fluids are given during the procedure. Fur surrounding the surgical area will be shaved and the skin scrubbed with an antiseptic. Sterile surgical procedure is adhered to throughout the surgical preparation and during the procedure.
* Anesthesia: a local and/or general anesthesia will be used during the procedure.
* Monitoring: heart rate/respiration/blood pressure/ECG/blood oxygen level and other vital signs will be monitored during the surgery.
* A technician will call you after the surgery is complete and your pet is awake to let you know how the surgery went and arrange a time that you will be able to come in for your pet's hospital release.
* Both the staff and the veterinarian will check your pet routinely during the hospital stay.
It is normal for your pet to experience some lethargy for 24-48 hours, if after that time your pet is still not behaving normally a recheck is required.